About Me

My photo
I am 5'7 and I dont really update myself with my weight. The last time I checked, I was 70kg. I have tan skin,brown eyes,i cut my hair with size 1 twice a week and etc.Well, I am just an ordinary person. Speaking of ordinary, I dont have any disabled forearms and my face is perfectly fine. I am straight and so far, I dont think I have any enemies. I am trying my best to be a good citizen of God and also to my country. I want to have a better life and hopefully someday my dream wiLL come true.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

2nd Sabah Youth Day (Ranau 19th-23rd Aug 2008)


Prior to the World Youth Day which was held in Sydney, I was one of the lucky youths gathered from all across Sabah to be part of a somewhat grand Sabah Youth Day-2. I participated in this second one after I witnessed the success of the first SYD held in Keningau 4 years ago.

I have been planning to join the celebration a year ago and I was lucky that my leave application was granted. Many may have doubted the real goal of this particular occassion but not me. I have always believe that everything happens in HIS will and I know it was not easy for the Main Organizing Team to make this happen without HIS help. So I would like to congratulate the MOTs for their hardwork and I would like to thank the neverending assistance that they have received from above.

Maybe people say that this is just like the other activities, camps and seminars organized by the Church and maybe its true, but just like all the other activities mentioned. There I found peace within. Yes, there were many who attended but it does not mean that they are in your face at all time. You will have the time and space you need to be alone hence the opportunity of reflecting on life "with HIM". There, I was able to have a time off of my responsibilities as a son, a brother and an uncle in my family and as an employee at my workplace.

Because of such deep respect and love that I have for my church,I was also able to minimize the output of sin compare and maximize my prayer input to when I am outside the camp. It really was an experience that I have always looked forward to update in the diary of my life. Here and there and bit by bit it adds up to the construction of my short life on earth.

If it was not mentioned by a friend, I would have never noticed this. It was the first time in my life and maybe the first time in the history of our new Archdiocese that all three bishops were standing in the same church, on the same altar, shoulder to shoulder in front of 2000++ youths from all over Sabah in an event of such. I was honoured to be there. :) and not to forget. One of the bishops was there, stayed there for the whole period of the annual gathering. He even expressed his emotion he had with us, in tears,in his sermont during the closing mass. "Tremendously blessed". That is the word to describe the whole situation.

"Dare to be different!"

I am looking forward for the next Sabah Youth Day which will be held at Tambunan in 2012. Hopefully I will not feel too old for it then. :) In God's will i will be there.

3 comments:

Bambangan @ Ony said...

harap2 kita inda terlalu tua utk ikut serta 2012 nanti. tapi ada juga yg lebih tua tu join nanti sama sprt kata2 salah sorang bishop, belia tu bukannya diukur dgn nombor @ umur bagia tp jiwanya sbb kita akan senantiasa merindui Dia.

p/s tak prasan lah pula ini first time 3 bishop berkumpul bersama, tp Bishop CP memang berjiwa belia, sanggup menghadapi apa yg kita rasai ketika itu....

GBU

Anonymous said...

Wahh Yeye! Ada pula blog ko ni. Yay!

Velarry Suan said...

Ets? ada juga orang comment.. hEhE...yeah.... sa sukung semua ko ckp u bambangan.. hehehe...

Eh!? camana ko jumpa sa len? :P