About Me

My photo
I am 5'7 and I dont really update myself with my weight. The last time I checked, I was 70kg. I have tan skin,brown eyes,i cut my hair with size 1 twice a week and etc.Well, I am just an ordinary person. Speaking of ordinary, I dont have any disabled forearms and my face is perfectly fine. I am straight and so far, I dont think I have any enemies. I am trying my best to be a good citizen of God and also to my country. I want to have a better life and hopefully someday my dream wiLL come true.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cocktail of Expression.

I have always been an admirer of Dusun songs. For some reason, I can relate so much to many of our Dusun singer's experience that have been converted into lyrics of their songs. It is all about Life, Love, Family, Friends, Sadness, Happiness etc.

All them singers dead, old and new, such as the late John Gaisah, Justin Lusah, Francis Landong and Jestie Alexius are all part of the Dusun music scene. Producing, Singing, Writting, Performing wonderful Dusun tracks and albums.

But I have always wondered why other people seemed to enjoy making fun of me whenever I put on my CD consisting my collection of Dusun Songs. Remarks like " Wow, you really are a Dusun guy" , "What? What is this you are listening to? This is so old man" and etc are nothing but hurtful to me. But I know, I can never blame them because most probably these are the kind of people who were raised in a westernized way of life and community. The Chinese who does not speak chinese or read chinese. The Dusuns who does not speak the language or understands it and maybe even Bajaus who does not speak, read or understands their own native tongue.

Although I am not pure blood Dusun, and although I have not been conversing the language since birth, I am a proud Dusun and I carry the spirit of my ethnicity wherever I go. I try to sustain my ability to speak, understand and learn more about my tradition whenever I get the chance.

I also find it an added advantage for a anonymous Dusun guy to be able to converse in Malay, English, Spanish, French, Tagalog, Chinese (Mandarin+Hakka+Cantonese) and many other local dialects such as Kadazan, Bajau, Murut and Iban. It promotes inter-racial activity and from my perspective, promotes other people from different ethnics, races, nationalities to understand and discover more about our own.

So, as a conclusion to this particular blog. Remember to always honor your heritage and It has never been wrong to explore other culture and tradition. Aramai Tih!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wuhoo..praise! nice speech!

Velarry Suan said...

Thanks... But it would have meant something if ur a registered member..... LOL!